There’s a graveyard of side-projects in my GitHub account.
- TappyBase was a nearly-finished “tap all the Firebases” iOS game.
- Recaller was a half-built email reminder iOS app.
- understanding-underscore was a short-lived attempt to read through the underscore source code.
- perf.js was an over-engineered Resource Timing API listener.
- slack-budget was a “built but never used” budget management Slack bot.
- wontfix was a GitHub issue manager that I lost interest in making.
This blog almost made the list.
A commitment to grit
As of today, I’m finally moving past all the reasons not to finish something. No more: “I don’t have time”, “This isn’t good enough”, and most importantly “I’m bored of this.”
Here’s to grit. Here’s to focus. Here’s to finishing things, even if they’re not perfect.